Can I take photos with the 360fly 4K?
The 360fly 4K will let you take 360° spherical photos with the 360fly application as well as Point of View 16:9 photos. You can even snap photos while recording video by pressing the camera icon in the 360fly app while recording.
Selecting Photo Mode
1. Open the 360fly Application and connect to your 360fly 4K camera.
2. Once connected, tap on the 360fly icon to access the camera.
3. To switch to photo mode, tab the photo icon to switch the camera into photo mode.
4. Tap the settings revolver icon to pull up the photo mode selector.
5. There are 3 photo modes:
Spherical Photo - 3456 x 3456 JPEG photo. Designed to capture a spherical photo in the 360° orientation. Photo can be panned using the application player.
POV - Point and shoot mode 2560 x 1440 JPEG photo. Designed to point the lens and capture.
Burst Spherical Photo - Take up to 8 sequential spherical 3456 x 3456 JPG photos.
6. Once you set the mode, tap on the shutter icon to snap the photo. The LED on the 360fly 4K will flash red to indicate the photo was taken.
Photos While Recording
While recording a video you can quickly snap spherical photos by pressing the photo icon in the top corner of the shutter button.
Transfer your photos to your mobile device
Now that you have taken the photos, lets explain how you can transfer them to your mobile device so you can share them on your favorite social media outlet.
1. Make sure you are still connected to your 360fly4K and tap on the folder icon located in the bottom left part of the screen .
2. Now that you have entered the "On My Camera" section, you will see all of the content that currently saved on your 360fly4K.
*notice the timestamp on the bottom video in the image, that indicates that it is a video. Files shown without a timestamp on your photos.
3. Next you will want to tap on the download icon . This will copy the file from your camera to your mobile device.
4. Once the transfer is complete, tap on the arrow in the top left to return to the main Camera page. Then tap on the arrow again to go to the home page of the app.
If you return to the Explore page, tap on the device icon to enter the On My Device section to see the media that is saved on your mobile device.
5. Last, tap on the to open the System Share menu. From here, you can select to share to the app of your choice or to save to your camera roll or gallery to share directly from a different app or to just save it to use later.
That's it! Your 360fly4K photo has now been transferred to your mobile device and ready for sharing!
Have more questions? Submit a request